The General Liability policy would provide insurance cover for liability to pay damages and costs from the following:
- “Injury” means death, bodily injury or disease of or to any person.
- “Damage” means loss of possession or control of or actual damage to tangible property.
- “Pollution” means pollution or contamination of the atmosphere or of any water, land or other tangible property. d) “Product” means any property after it has left the custody of the Insured which has been designed, specified, formulated, manufactured, constructed, installed, sold, supplied, distributed, treated, serviced, altered, or repaired by or on behalf of the Insured but shall not include food or drink supplied by or on behalf of the Insured.
- Product Recall insurance is a separate policy to the General Liability policy and provides covers for the following:
- Accidental Contamination
- Malicious tampering
- Product Extortion
- Government recall
- This specialist cover will pay for consultant and advisor costs, recall costs and expenses amongst other things.